Quality and Environment Policy
Hear in the Club de Vela in the Port of Andratx we are aware of the needs and importance of a correct management of its installations, so as to satisfy our members and clients, incorporating a system to respect and protect our surrounding environment in our activities. For this the club has a Quality and Environmental Management System, in accordance with the main regulations of the “ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and the 1221/2009 EMAS”.
In this area, we have made the following commitments:
- Comply with the environmental rules and legislation, as well as other requirements our company may subscribe.
- Maintain and improve the efficiency in the current system of the Quality and Environmental Management.
- Define and revise periodically the aims and goals of the Quality end Environmental System established, complying with its policy, and a continued improvement within the development of our activities, and thus achieve the improvement of environmental performance
- Adopt the necessary measures for the prevention of contamination and guarantee an environmentally safe environment for our workers, customers, members and students, working on the development of internal protocols with exhaustive controls
- Using rationally our natural resources, with special attention to water and electricity.
- Manage both dangerous and non dangerous waste produced by members and customers of the Club.
- Adopt the necessary measurements to prevent contamination.
- Resolve in an efficient, fast and satisfactory way the claims and consults made by our members and customers.
- Maintain a systematic way to identify the necessities to form and plan the correct management, aimed to guarantee the compliance with our personnel and subcontractors with the courant policy, extending in the training and sensitization of the environmental effects, especially to the younger generation in the Sport-sailing school, and with the external businesses in the maintenance of boats.
- Promote nautical activities, complementary with the relevance in social and sport areas, as well as collaboration with its surrounding tourism.
- Revise this current policy at least once a year with the aim to insure a continued sustainability.
To this end, the Puerto de Andratx Sailing Club makes this policy and goals available to staff, customers and society as a whole.
Board of Directors
18th April 2020
Environmental Code of Conduct
When you are in port, remember
Avoid using the on-board WC and showers while you are moored at the port (these services are available in our facilities).
When cleaning your vessel, use biodegradable soaps and detergents.
Carry out periodic maintenance of motors and the vessel. Prevent fuel spills, check tanks and hoses to avoid leaks.
If you carry out repairs and maintenance while afloat, take every precaution to prevent toxic products from spilling into the sea.
Use location 18 on the map to empty grey water and bilges.
Avoid carrying out maintenance tasks, sanding, varnishing, painting, etc. in the water.
When you are in the buoy field, remember
Rubbish will be collected by club staff in the buoy area. Waste, cardboard, glass and plastic should be placed in separate bags, indicating the contents of each one to the sea crew.
When sluicing down, use biodegradable soaps and detergents.
Prevent fuel, grey water and slops spills.
Avoid carrying out maintenance tasks, sanding, varnishing, painting, and if you do so, be respectful in their use.
Respect your surroundings by avoiding the use of audible signals and avoid operating any motor or generator during the night which may produce noise and disturb neighbouring vessels.
You must comply with all navigation, signage, prohibition and fishing regulations. Maximum speed: 3 knots.
The Mediterranean is among the seas with the greatest biological diversity on the planet. We are going to preserve it.
The club has bilge and grey water pump-out facilities (free service). Note the location on the map.
Shower service (with payment for the service)
And when you go out sailing…
Try to anchor in locations where you will not destroy the sea floor.
Comply with all navigation, signage, prohibition and fishing regulations.
Respect your surroundings by avoiding the use of audible signals and avoid operating any motor or generator during the night.
Map of the facilities, waste management, grey water and bilge slops